Cards For Sale

Monday, October 13, 2008

Halloween and Christmas


Good Monday morning all!!! Funny how I say that, since I don't know if anyone is reading this yet! I have a couple of cards to share with you today, that I made on Sunday. I had gotten this poinsettia stamp from Holly Berry House last year and I had not used it yet. I had seen a few really gorgeous cards in the last couple of weeks made with the new poinsetta stamp by Flourish, and it made me think of this stamp I had, so I drug it out and played with it a bit yesterday. I stamped it twice in versamark on watercolor paper and then gold embossed them. I watercolored them with real red and bravo burgandy and some riding hood red, then cut and layered. I added some stickles in the center. I really like how it came out, even tho I can't really get a good photograph of it. The card is big, 5 /14 inch square.

The next card is one I made with the sketch from Jen del Muro's blog.

I realy love that drippy goo punch and these pumpkins from the SU set autumn harvest. I also used the autumn apparitions stamp set for the sentiment and the spider. I started by stamping the small pumpkin from the autmn harvest set on watercolor paper. I then masked him off and stamped the larger pumpkin beside the other smaller pumpkin. After watercoloring them I cut them out and pop dotted them up on another peice of watercolor paper that I had sponged with some chocolate chip and night of navy ink and then used my aquapainter to blend, I cut the circle with my nesties. I really had fun with this one.



So what do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

It All Begins With A Tree said...

Cool! You have a blog! Woo Hoo, my Twin!

Gorgeous cards! The poinsetta is to die for, what wonderful details on that beauty!

Love the Halloween one, especially the GOO, that is so awesome!

Love ya,

Heidi

A Stamper's Journey said...

Your cards are amazing. I am lovin' your blog. Such wonderful inspiration and ideas to be found. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent!

Maureen
happystampingmom