Cards For Sale

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Merry & Bright


Good Saturday Morning peeps!!! It is very cool here today, had to turn on the heat in the house last night. Love this time of the year.

My card today is one I made for Beates Weekend Sketch Challenge

I just love this layout! My DD and I always try and have a girls night on Friday nights and last night we stopped by Michael's where I got two new Martha Stewart punches, and I used them both on my card today!! Speaking of Michael's I have to tell you a short little story about the sweet little girl who checked us out, she was so nice and very talkative, but she could not count change at all, I tried to give her the change for my purchase...ie total was $16.46 and I handed her a twenty and then started to dig into my wallet for the fourty six cents and when I handed it to her she didn't know what to do because she had already punched in the twent and the register was telling her the change for that.....insert eye rolls here....she was so sweet I didn't say anything but o.k. and then she tells me she is out pennies and I just tell her not to worry about I am sure she wouldn't have known what to do if I offered to give her a penny!!! So sad that so many young people do not know how to make change on their own.

Anyway, back to the card, I know it looks old school, since it has last years SU's winter green DS paper, but I stil love it, I didn't use that paper much at all last year, because when I pulled it out for this card my pack was still almost complete, just one little peice gone, don't know why I didn't use it much, I really love the colors. I also really like this little snow man from SU's Merry & Bright set, it is a set from last years mini that made it into the current cattie. Yeah!!!! I really love the Martha Stewart Arctic Snowflake Punch, I know I will be using it alot!!

Well thanks so much for stopping by and have a super weekend!!!

BTW....check out this blog I discovered yesterday, I am sure many of you have already been there, but it was new to me and man, can that women ever make cards and the things she can do with corner punches are amazing!!!! Amazing Paper Grace

2 comments:

Beate said...

I had that punch in my hands! Why didn't I get it. The snowflakes look wonderful on your beautiful card. I love that paper you used. I don't have last year's in colors anymore so I gave the paper away.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

inkedx2 said...

Oh, I just love this card. It is beautiful. Candice