Cards For Sale

Friday, October 24, 2008

Pink Fall Wreath and a fun Card set with a Box

Good Friday Morning peeps!!! So glad it is finally Friday, It has been a hard week here, On Tuesday we found out that my cousin's husband passed away, he was only 42. My heart just aches for her and her family, it is so hard to lose a loved one and especially hard when they are still so young. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers their way.



My first card today is for the limited supply challenge on splitcoast, we are to use pink in our creations this month for breast cancer awareness month and our card needed to have a leaf as the focal point. I have been wanting to try a leaf wreath for some time with the leaf from the SU Autumn Harvest set. This leaf is very sketchy so it doesn't circle well, but that wouldn't stop me!!! I like how it turned out but I would have never put the pink in there if it hadn't been part of the challenge, but I think it works. I thought I would show the inside of my card.



Now on to a fun little project I did last night. A few weeks back I made
this card and thought they would be great as set with a box. I found this project by Andres Walford on her blog and used the template she created to make my box. I had to modify it some because I didn't have 12x12 paper in the color I needed, so I just used 2 sheets of 8 !/2 x 11 and cut them to 7 1/2 x 10 1/2 and then scored at 3 inches and 7 1/2 inches on the 10 1/2 inch side and scored at 4 1/2 on the 7 1/2 inch side. Super easy to put together! Included in that post was a link to Cindy Lawrence's tutorial on making envelopes to fit 4 x 4 inch square cards. And so it all just came together. A really fun project.

Here is the box with all the cards and envelopes inside:



A couple of the cards and envelopes:





A couple of just the cards:





And finally just a close-up of one of the cards, I made 6 cards and envelopes with just this one stamp set from SU called Uppsy Daisy. There is 3 different sentiments in the set so I made two cards per sentiment, two birthday, two thank you and two, you're on my mind.



That's about it for today, thanks so much for coming by and hope you have a super day!

1 comment:

Tai said...

These cards are great. What size are they. I want to make this project.

tai