Cards For Sale

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A tough color challenge


Good morning Peeps!! One of my cards today was made for the color challenge on splitcoast and it was a toughie for me!!! Kiwi Kiss, tangerine tango and pixie pink......really pixie pink???? LOL!! I wanted to use my pocket silhouettes set from SU, it had never seen ink and was getting lonely!! This card is sooooo not a favorite of mine but I have definetly made worse, so I decided to post it anyway!! I used alot of punches on this card, a Martha Stewart edge punch and SU's new scallop square punch and the 1 1/4 inch and 1 3/8 inch square punch and the double slot punch, which by the way, I decided to add that bow after sticking down my card, so I had to peel it up and try and slide the punch in and line it up. I had to finish cutting out the slots with my craft knife because of the two layers of cardstock.

The next card is one I made for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge Another card I had trouble with, I did finally end up liking it until this morning. I put stickles on the ghost cupcake last night and when I was taking the picture of it today, I noticed that the black marker I used on the paper pieced cupcake liner had bleed into the stickles some. Darn it, just not a very good stamp day!!!



Well, thats about all for today peeps, thanks so much for stopping by and leave me a comment, so I know you have been here!!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Aww Vicki, I wouldn't have known it was a bad stamp day for you, I think your cards are fantastic! Love how you managed the colour challenge, I didn't do it today as these colours made my eyes hurt LOL! I couldn't do yesterday's either as I don't have pattern napkins or freezer paper! Not too good on the challenges for me this week. I love the cupcake card too, annoying about the stickles. Had a similar disaster myself on a recent card and have no idea why that would happen, but it does now and then. Hugs, Chris

Taylor said...

I love your Trick or Sweet card, Vicki! And the marker that bled into the stickles just makes your ghostie look spookier! :) Thanks for playing the challenge!