Cards For Sale

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2 Cards 1 Sketch



Happy Hump Day Peeps! Hope your week is going well!

Today I have two cards to show you both done with Mercy's Sketch. I really struggled with this first one, I had originally wanted to do a baby card with my Punches Three stamp set, but I can not find it anywhere, I spent an extraordinary amount of time last night hunting for it, I remember getting it and mounting it, but I can't find it!!!

So eventually I moved on, deciding on a Valentine type card made with some of the new and never used Raspberry Fizz paper. I used the butterfly from the "Happy Heart Day" set. I stamped it twice once on whisper white and once on the designer paper. I cut out the "heart wings and added them to the whisper white piece. I used some small sticky pearls on the body of the butterfly. The rest is pretty straight forward so I won't bore you with the details, I did use a Martha Stewart edge punch for the bottom strip of pink and added some more sticky pearls to the corners. I am not really loving this card, it just seems to be lacking something in my opinion.



This next one is slight variance on the sketch, a smaller strip across the bottom and a smaller oval, I really like how it came together, the picture really doesn't do it justice.

The flowers were stamped with chalk inks. I have tried to use the stamp, Inspired by Nature, with regular inks and never seem to get the deep rich colors I want, the chalk inks really do a great job. I used some hardware from the stylized silver kit, I love how the brads look like sunflowers. The ribbon is some chocolate chip twill that was in a mini and I think is not available now. I pierced the panel on the top and bottom with my piercing tool and mat pack. the cardstock is chocolate chip and old olive. The only thing I wish was that I had stamped the sentiment in the dark brown, it would show up better.

So which do you like best?

That's all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

Beth said...

These are both wonderful Vicki!TFS :)

Unknown said...

two beautiful cards!
great work!

Unknown said...

vicki...these are exquisite! you've done a wonderful job with this week's sketch!

thanks for playing along, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Jaspere said...

I'm in total awe. These are great. Love that raspberry fizz paper (been drooling over it since I saw it in the new catty) and that card isn't missing anything. The second one is so great too. Both cards are amazing. I'll be looking into those Mercy sketches soon.

Anonymous said...

I really like how you used the butterfly - very cute card.

Sharon said...

These are both beautiful, couldn't pick one over the other! Just different looks for different occasions!