Cards For Sale

Friday, May 15, 2009

Great Friend




TGIF Peeps. So glad it is finally here!

Today's card is made with the sketch on the Stamps and Smiles Fresh Batch Blog.

I wasn't feeling to creative when I made this one. I do love to watercolor this rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral set. This one is colored with some Cameo Coral. Makes a really pretty rose.

The rest of the card just never seemed to come together like I wanted. I tried several things with it but wasn't feeling any of it. I was just too distracted with the Grey's Season Finale.

Anyway, I started with a base of basic gray, followed with some cameo coral and then some DS paper from the Walk in the Park pack.

Next some more basic gray and then whisper white and some coral eyelet trim. The sentiment is the one from the Great Friend set, I really love it, as you may have noticed, and is stamped in basic gray ink. First I stamped the frame and then used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up. I pierced all around the edges of the main panel with my piercing tool and mat pack. The Rose is cut out and mounted up on dimensionals as is the entire main panel. I added some basic gray brads and some gray taffeta ribbon.

Well, that is it for today, thanks a bunch for stopping by, remember to tell your friends how much they mean to you and of course, HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

carol h said...

Another beauty. Your talent amazes me every day. And, ---- I am soooo blessed to have YOU as a friend. TFS

Rose said...

Very pretty! Your work is just great! I really enjoy your creativity!

Veronica Z said...

I think your card turned out beautifully!

Tammy said...

Just Lovely

lesleyworth said...

beautiful! love that stamp!

Mrs B said...

beautiful card! I may just have to purchase that stamp!!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! I love that flower and it is perfectly colored! I can't believe you stamped when Grey's was on- I would have stamped on my desk because I was GLUED to the TV!! LOL

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous flower Vicki!!! I seriously NEED that stamp set too...haha!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jacquel said...

What a great card Vicki and I love the colors you used! tfs!!!

Unknown said...

just amazing, its beautiful

Reina said...

great use of colors! Love the card.

Kathleen said...

What a great card! I really like this DSP. I hope they pick it up for the new catalog