Cards For Sale

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Sketch and a CASE



Happy Saturday Peeps!!!

Toady I have two cards to show you. The first one is for the weekend sketch challenge seen here.

I varied the sketch just a bit, not on purpose, but because I didn't look closely when putting it all together. My side element is behind the bottom piece, and in the sketch it is over. But all in all I think it still works.

I started with a base of pretty in pink. The colors on this card is a bit different than my usual, but my DD loves pink so I thought I would work with it some.

I used the SU set "Upsy Daisy" for the image. I inked up the flowers with pretty in pink ink and then used my certainly celery marker to ink the stems. I used my nesties and cuttlebug to cut out the scallop and the rose red scalloped mat. The DS paper is from an old retired pack, Spring Fling. I used a cuttlebug strip embossing folder for the side piece and punched a couple of butterflies for the accent element.

This next card is a total CASE of this cutie patootie card by my blogging buddy Beth from Big Sky Paper and Design. Love her blog!



The card is made with just two layers, I know, a shock to my card making system, but I do LOVE it. I was so happy to see that this set, Season of Friendship, made it into the new catalog. It is one of my faves!

The only thinks I changed from her original is the way the "grass" is done. I used a strip of certainly celery and used my paper snips to "cut" the grass look. I added some sticky rhinestones to the center of the flowers.

Well, that is all for today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Jacquel said...

Wow! Love both cards Vicki but that second one is FABULOUS!!! tfs!!!!!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

The embossed "rick-rack" pattern on the first card really adds a lot -- funny how such a simple thing can add so much.

Thanks for sharing!

Rose said...

Both of your card are beautiful! Your work is awesome! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jaspere said...

Wow these are fabulous. Love them both.

carol h said...

Just love the new look of your blog!!! Very nice!! The card is great, I NEED to get that set!!!
TFS.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Vicki!!! I love them both!!!

I was THRILLED to see Season of Friendship in the new catty too!!! I used it for a card on my blog tomorrow ;)

Lois said...

You know how I feel about anything you do. FABULOUS!!! I love them both.

Ilse Vargas said...

They are both very nice!!

Kim Pope said...

I love both cards. The second one is great!

Sara said...

They are both amazing cards! Love the new blog look

Becky said...

these are beautiful..

Rhonda Langley said...

These are beautiful! Love the grass on the second card.

Sharon Harnist said...

Thanks for participating in the sketch -- beautiful card!

Beth said...

This card looks awesome Vicki! Aren't teal and CC colours great together! I am also happy that this set will be in the new catty :) Love your first card too!