Cards For Sale

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mojo Monday on Tuesday



Good Tuesday Morning Peeps. I was up early and out for my walk before it got toooo hot!! It was still nice just a Little after 7 this morning.

Today I am sharing my Mojo Monday Sketch Card on Tuesday. I know I have been using the new in color, rich razzleberry, way to much lately and I promise I will try to move on soon! My intention yesterday was to get two cards done, the mojo one and also the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, but I had a bit of a headache most of the day yesterday and I struggled with this mojo one for ever, I walked away and left it and then finally came back to it last night and finished. I do like the end result but it took me the longest time to pull it together. I had originally wanted to use the lattice die but after an hour or two of struggling with it I gave up on that notion.

I started with a base of PTI white cardstock and followed that with some rich razzleberry and then some Cottage Wall DS paper. I then layered more white and razzleberry and Cottage wall DS paper for the next layers. The center element is made up of white and richrazzleberry and then a white scallop circle cut with my petite scallop circle nesties and cuttlebug.

I stamped the butterflies from the Verve set, Fluttering By, on scrap PTI white with rich razzlebery ink and cit them out. they are mounted to the circle with some mono adhesive liquid glue just in the center, so I could pull the wings up just a bit. I added some silver sticky rhinestones down the center of each butterfly. I stamped the sentiment that also comes in this set with black stazon. I added three more silver rhinestones under the sentiment. Oh, and one to each corner of the layer below the sentiment!

I used some of the rich razzleberry polka dot grosgrain ribbon at the side. I made a stylized bow and attached it to the ribbon with some scor-tape.

Well, that is all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

15 comments:

Beth said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! Love the razzleberry!!! Great bow on the side and wonderful combination of paper, sketch and stamp set :)tfs

Steph Herbert said...

Love the colors and the butterflies. I just might have to case this beauty! TFS!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is beautiful!! Your choice of colors really pops, and is perfect for the layout!

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful!!

Missy

Tina said...

I absolutely love the new polk a dot ribbon and your card is wonderful!

Monica Gale said...

Wonderful composition and those colours.. ahhhh M xx

Lois said...

Beautiful as usual. Love the Razzleberry!!!

Sara said...

WOW, love those colors!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is gorgeous!

Dale Marie said...

Fabulous card Vicki.

Vicki said...

Wow fab colours Vicki, it looks amazing!

Vicki x

Reina said...

My favorite in color! Love the card.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, girl! Sorry you were dealing with a headache!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!!! Love those colours!!!!

Lesley :)

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful as usual!! Love the bow on the ribbon!