Cards For Sale

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Little Boo Set



Happy October 1st Peeps! Today is a big day at my house. 23 years ago today my DD was born AND 33 years ago today I married my wonderful hubby!!! Yup that's right, on the same day 10 years apart!!! Must be my lucky day huh?

Well on to my card for today, I set out to make this card using the sketch challenge on Splitcoast. Of course, I strayed a bit, or maybe alot! LOL! I looked at the sketch before I started and drew it out on my scratch paper, but I missed that the back panel was directly in the middle of the card, I put mine to the side and I used circles instead of two squares, so I guess you might say, I was just "inspired" by the sketch! LOL!



The card base is perfect plum card stock. I followed that with pumpkin pie, I used the scallop edge punch on one side. Followed by More perfect plum and then the DS paper is from the Cast-A-Spell pack. I added some black grosgrain ribbon around this panel. I tied a "bow knot" around the ribbon. I used the "Happy Halloween" sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes set. Stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink onto white with Pumpkin Pie and punched out with the word window punch. I also punched out another in basic black. I used a needle and some black embroidery floss to attach the sentiments to the ribbon.

I stamped two of the "Little Boo" ghost with black pigment ink and used clear embossing powder to emboss. I used the 1-1/4 inch punch to punch out the little ghost and my 1-3/8 inch punch in basic black to mat. First I colored in the pumpkin, he is holding, with my prismcolor pencil.

I punched out three 1-3/8 inch circles in pumpkin pie. The are put down first and then the two "Little Boo's" are attached over the bottom circles {centered between the three} with dimensionals. I then added three black sticky pearls.




I had this little black box already made so I decided to decorate it to match my card. I used perfect plum and the DS paper on the front. I added pumpkin pie circles and the "Little Boo", made the same way as the card. I added a black brad in the corners. The same sentiment is added to the bottom of the box. I attached the handle with brads as well. Just needs a bit of filler and alot of candy and it is ready for some lucky little "Boo"!!!!!

Well, that is all for today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Lois said...

SO CUTE!!! I love your Little Boo!

Barbara Ax. said...

Just a quick note to say I love your posts. Your cards are so cute. It makes me want to leave work early to create!

Reina said...

Vicki you are making me wish Halloween lasted all year! I love waking in the morning and going to your blog to see the next posting. Your work is wonderful! Congrats on both happy occassions my friend!

Beth said...

I can't wait to get my order of Halloween goodies from SU - you keep making such awesome things I wish it was here already! These are perfect for the Spooky Holiday to come. I like your modification to the sketch :)

Jaspere said...

I'm not sure what's cuter. That little boo image or what you made with it.

Joanne Travis said...

Hi Vicki!! It's been a while since I've visited. All of your cards and projects on this page are fabulous! I'm really loving the Halloween stuff which will be here before we know it. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas!

Dawn Easton said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Sorry I missed it yesterday :( Hope it was a great day!

Your projects are amazing! LOL @ straying from the sketch...hehe!

Rhonda Langley said...

Adorable!