Cards For Sale

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MTSC Halloween Smiles & Merry Christmas



Happy Hump Day Peeps!

Today I am sharing the card I made for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.

I have to say I have been feeling like I am in a creative funk lately. Everything I make is kinda blah! I sure hope this lifts soon. Every feel like that?

I started this card with a base of pumpkin pie card stock. I first made the the card 5 x 5 inches but I ended up cut it down to a 4-3/4 x 4-3/4 inch. I thought that size fit the oval I had made a bit better.

I also used basic black cardstock and the DS paper is from a retired Halloween pack.
The set I used is "Pumpkin Patch". I stamped two of the pumpkins with really rust and the center guy is stamped with pumpkin pie that I "rolled" in really rust. The center pumpkin is stamped twice. I cut one out and mounted over the first with some dimensionals. The stems, vine swirls, and grass are all stamped with old olive. I used my coluzzle to cut out the oval and my scallop oval nesties to cut the black scallop mat.

For the sentiment I inked up just a portion of the sentiment block and stamped onto white. I used the word window punch and modern label punch. I added some orange sticky pearls to the sentiment piece.

I also added some pumpkin pie ribbon and black brads to the corners. I pierced all around the outside edge too.

I tried another time with this sketch:



This one is made with old olive, real red and the DS paper is from the Merry Moments pack. The set I used is "Season of Joy".

Well, that is all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

7 comments:

Sara said...

ooooh, I love them both! The pumpkin ribbon is gorgeous!

Rose said...

Great cards Vicki! I love them both! You are not in a slump!

Kathy W said...

These are both wonderful cards! I like how this sketch has the oval going off the side. It has a really cool look to it. Thanks for sharing!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, they're fabulous cards! LOVE your cool pumpkins and the sketch fits the Chrissy card perfectly too! (Wish my cards looked this 'bad' when my mojo goes for a holiday!!)
:o)

Jaspere said...

Wow! Wow! These are just fabulous!

Dawn Easton said...

Girl, I see nothing wrong with your mojo! In fact, I wish I had it! LOL!
Love both cards!!

Unknown said...

well ms vicki...your mojo is just fine to me! these are fantabulous! so clean and simple...love them!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a wonderful job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy