Cards For Sale

Friday, October 16, 2009

PPA12 Make Merry!



TGIF Peeps!!

Today's card is made with the sketch on the Pals Paper Arts Blog. this is a great sketch, really fun and a great way to highlight some DS paper!!!

My card is made with real red and soft suede card stock. The DS paper I used is from the mini, Christmas Cocoa Speciality. The stamp set is also from the mini, "Berry Christmas". Don't you love the "country" feel of this card? I stamped the main image with soft suede ink onto the white card stock. I used real red to add the berries. The bird is cut from the "Merry Details" sizzlit, and mounted with a dimensional. I used the circle and scallop circle nesties to cut and mat the main image. The sentiment comes from the same set and I used the word window and modern label punches.

I finished this one off with some gold sticky rhinestones and some real red grosgrain ribbon.

Well, that is all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Denise said...

This is perfection. I love the traditional color scheme. Plus, the little bird is so sweet paired with the holly leaves. And how fabulous that it matches you blog banner and background - sassy! ;)

Thanks for playing at PPA!
Denise

Lois said...

I love this card. I love the feel of it with the country look. I love the patterned paper you used. Works great with the images. TFS

Sharon said...

Awe...you're DP reminds me of some Christmas wrapping paper that I've always loved! Very Pretty!

Jaspere said...

Beautiful. Love the color combo and wow that is fabulous dp.

Sara said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the dp!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the soft suede with the Christmas colors!

Vicki said...

Wow beautiful card Vicki, that paper is truly scrumptious, just love the colour combo!

Hugs
Vicki x

Ann Schach said...

Fantastic card! I love the colors and the paper piercing! Perfect job with the sketch. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

Another fantastic card, Vicki! I love the paper and stamp choices you used! The Soft Suede is a compliment to the Real Red. Love the placement of the sentiment, too! Outstanding!

Anne Beale Yancey said...

Vicki you nailed it! This one's gotta be a winner at PPA. Your balance and composition are fabulous! Love, love, love this card! Thanks, AB :)