Cards For Sale

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SFYTT Happy Easter



Good Tuesday Morning Peeps!

Today I am sharing a card made with Jen's Sketch for you to Try. My card is very much inspired by this cutie made by Nancy Riley!

I loved her white BG and the use of the Prints patterns DS paper. For my card I started with a base of so saffron and followed that up with a piece of whisper white that I scored the BG with my Scor Pal. I scored at half inch increments diagonally starting at one corner and then flipping to another corner to go the other direction.

I used some bashful blue card stock with the Scallop Trim Border Punch for the edge. I cute four 1-3/4 inch squares of DS paper from a couple of retired hostess print packs. The stamp set I used is "A Good Egg? I stamped the chick three times, once on the white and then again on some so saffron and a piece of the DS paper. I cut them out and pieced them onto the chick. I used my circle and scallop circle nesties to cut out the chickie and the mat. I mounted that piece with some dimensionals. I added some so saffron ribbon and the sentiment is stamped with black stazon onto white and then matted with so saffron. I hand cut the end pieces. I added a button from my stash with a bit of linen thread tied through it.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Vicki!!! Love the scored BG and the polka dotted squares and paper pieced egg shell. Great shape and placement of the sentiment too. Love it :D

Lois said...

Very very very cute! Great colors and sketch.

Joanne Travis said...

So sweet, Vicki!! I am so ready for spring, I planted a big barrel of tulips, daffs and primroses today.

Nancy Riley said...

Awwww! Feelin' quite honored that YOU were inspired by ME! Thanks for the link, my friend!

Don't you just love this little chick?! Don't know if I'll ever part with him ... one of my favorite images!

Mary Marsh said...

really cute card-the scored bg is great

Rhonda Langley said...

How stinkin' cute is this? Love the little squares of paper and your sentiment tag!