Cards For Sale

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pals Paper Arts.......Dear Friend




Good Saturday Morning Peeps!

Today I have a fun little card to share with you. This week's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is a sketch challenge, my favorite kind!

I immediately reached for the awesome set from the summer mini, Tropical Party and the matching DS paper, Island Oasis. I LOVE the colors in this paper pack. I used rose red for my base and then some whisper white and the Swiss dot EF. I cut three separate strips of the DS paper and lined the up side by side on the right.

The sentiment panel is created with the sentiment from "All Holidays" stamped in rose red on whisper white. I matted with rose red. I stamped the large flower from the Tropical Party set with pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise and rose red onto white and cut out. I added brads to the center of each flower with the same ink colors, just switching them around. I stamped the leaf three times with old olive and cut out them as well. I first added the three flowers around the sentiment piece and then stuck the leaves in behind. I then mounted this piece to the base with some foam tape.

Well, that is all from me today, be sure and come by tomorrow for my Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge Sample!




HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Lois said...

I love this. Great use of the DSP and the colors are so awesome. Great sketch too.

Linda Callahan said...

This is a fun card - so bright and cheery! Love those tropical flowers......mmmmmm I can feel those island breezes - don't I wish! Very pretty card - thanks for joining us at PPA!

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful colors! A great tropical feel...love those leaves and flowers! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Rhonda Langley said...

Fabulous as usual! Now I wish I had that set!

Lynn Put said...

This is fantastic! The strips of bright colored designer paper down the side with the popped up tropical flowers looks wonderful!

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on being selected as a PPA Artist Pick this week. Your card was so pretty!

Mary Fish said...

Hi Vicki: Sketch challenges are my favorites, too. Your paper snipped island images are perfection. Congrats on being one of this weeks PPA favorites! Hugs, M

Mary Davidson said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! I love this set (my fav from the mini). Great job on the sketch and congratulations!