Cards For Sale

Monday, July 26, 2010

FTL100......With Sympathy




Good Monday Morning Peeps!!

Today's card share is made with the Fall to Layout #100 on the Clean & Simple blog. I just loved this sketch! I will be using it again.

You know I am loving this new set "Every Moment", I love both of the stamps in the set. Yesterday I used the flower, and also used it on another card you will see tomorrow, so I used the beautiful stamp with the bird sitting in the cattails. I don't know birds, so I am not sure what kind of bird this is, or what color it should be, I am sure it will be alot of different colors as I use it more. I stamped the image onto watercolor paper with black stazon. I colored with Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight and Bashful Blue with my aqua painter. I stamped the image again and colored the tops of the cattails, cut them out and popped them up. The sentiment I used is from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set. I stamped with black stazon onto wild wasabi card stock. I used my word window punch to punch it out and attached it to the edge of the watercolor piece, cutting off the end.

I used a MS punch along the bottom of the main panel and pierced across the top. I added some wild wasabi ribbon. I mounted the main image to a piece of wild wasabi and the base of the card is Early Espresso.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Great use of that sketch. Your colouring is fabulous a I love the touch of piercing a long the top.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! I love the clean white space and your coloring is fabulous! Great job!!

Cookie said...

I love this card-so elegant and simple but beautiful

www.longaberger.com/cookiesheldon

Julie said...

Such a beautiful card,I love the stamp you have used,I think the bird could be one of many birds,maybe just a little sparrow even though I think he looks just perfect as a canary.TFS Julie x

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my Vicki, this is a beautiful sympathy card! Your colouring is beautiful!

Kim said...

wonderful card! Just wanted to let you know that you officially went onto my favorite blogs roll today!

Rhonda Langley said...

So pretty! Beautiful coloring! I think I overlooked that set entirely.

Linda Callahan said...

Love that swoopy scallop - very pretty card!

Lois said...

OMG awesome card. NOW I need to get this set. Love the colors and everything!!

Natasha said...

Wow! Beautifully done! Amazing what a little bit of colour does for that image, just stunning!