Cards For Sale

Friday, September 24, 2010

Gift Tag/Test Tube Gable Box




Good Friday Morning Peeps!! I have a fun little project to share with you today. I found the tutorial for this on Becky Robert's blog HERE! I had just gotten in on a bulk buy of some of these fun little test tubes, I actually got two sizes, this box holds the smaller ones they are around 4 inches tall.

Anyway I just loved this project of Becky's but I changed mine up to be for a Christmas. I used the cute set from SU called "Jolly Old Saint Nick". I used the DS paper from the Holiday Mini, Candy Cane Speciality Paper pack. I used the Santa to make my tags and to decorate the front.

Here is the contents of the box:



I made 5 3-1/4 by 2-1/2 inch gift tags, this image colors up really fast I used my real red marker for the hat and I used my aqua painter to color the face and to add the cheeks and mouth and a bit of "rosy" to the nose. I used a bit of gray to add some shadowing around the beard and hat, you could also add some liquid applique and some glitter to step it up a bit. I used the ornament punch and the oval and scallop oval for the outside tag and tied it up with some blushing bride ribbon.

Here is a pic of the inside before pouting together so you could see the test tubes:




I had a blast making up this box, you should definitely give it a try!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki

9 comments:

Allison said...

This is awesome! Love the tags and tubes and fabulous packaging for it all!

Marisa said...

This is great, Vicki! You are becoming quite the project gal lately :)

Kim said...

beautiful project! I just love the stampin up DSP

Wendy said...

Too stinkin cute!!! Love that Santa....goes so well with that dsp! :)

Darlene L said...

Awesome project--TFS!

Jeri said...

VERY VERY neato!!

Rhonda Langley said...

Very nice-cute gift! I love that little santa!

Krystal said...

WOW! Very creative. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE it girl!! Fab idea! Thanks for the link too!