Cards For Sale

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Greeting Card Kids Corner Bookmark




Happy Hump Day Peeps!! The first day of FALL!!!

Today I have a fun little project to share, it is a Corner Bookmark, made with the "Greeting Card Kids" Stamp set! I just love this stamp set and I have to say it is about my favorite in the catalog. The tutorial for the bookmark can be found HERE!

My bookmark is made to coordinate with a card I made a few weeks ago, you can see it HERE! One thing I learned after making this bookmark, do not use a border punch that has a intricate design like the one I used here, it catches and bends and crumples a little when using. UGH! a nice scallop would be pretty I think!

The book mark is made with so saffron card stock and the DS paper is from Play
Date paper pack. I used my nesties to cut and matt the image. The little girl is stamped with black stazon onto watercolor paper and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. I added some real red ribbon and some silver sticky pearls. I sponged around the image with real red while the nestie was still in place.

I also wanted to share a bit about my day yesterday. A friend a I took a road trip to Kansas City, a 2-1/2 hour drive, to take a copic class. We also arranged to meet up with a couple of on-line friends we meet through blogging. We had a BLAST with these girls, Pam and Rhonda! Hey girls!!!



We meet for lunch a Chili's had a great time! Pam had to get back to work, but Rhonda was able to do a little shopping with us, we went to Archivers and a HUGE JoAnn's. Since Pam wasn't able to shop with us she called me after getting back to her office and asked if we could meet up again for a quick bite before our copic class and she was bring another friend and her upline to meet us too! Of course, we meet Pam and Jeri, I didn't get another picture, DARN!! Pam's friend and upline Jeri, made Lois and I a cute little treat holder, I love it, and want to try my own soon, I will get a picture of it soon and show it to you all!!!

We had a great time, we laughed and talked and laughed and ate! Such FUN!!! It is awesome when you meet new people and feel like you have known them forever!!! We can't wait to go back and spend more time with them!! We had to run way to soon to our copic class, it was a blast as well. It was fun and FAST, the teacher was great but it was alot to take in, in a short time, can't wait til we can take another one, it takes alot of practice and work to learn these! Anyway it was a GREAT day and even tho I had a sprained ankle and could barely hobbly around it was a BLAST!!!!!

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I really need to make one of these bookmarks! Darling job on this.

Glad to hear you had a great time with friends and learned about Copics at the same time!

Dawn B. said...

I love these bookmarks.. they would make such great gifts.. Love this stamp set too..Looks like you had a blast..

Jeri said...

It was so fun to meet you and Lois and talk about Stampin' Up stuff and share ideas! Looking forward to getting together again!
I love your color combo with the Poppy-can't wait to try it!

Rhonda Langley said...

Cute little bookmark! And yes we had a blast!!! Can't wait 'till you return!