Cards For Sale

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rustic from the Heart




Good Tuesday Morning Peeps!!

Today I have a rustic, beauty to share with you. I made this card with the Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge in mind. This month's challenge is
Rustic Beauty: As the leaves start to change colors to usher in fall, we want to see your rustic beauty! Interpret this challenge however you like – want to use a little distressing? Want to use shades of rust? Want to use things that look aged or antiqued? You choose! Just make sure the end result has a rustic feel to it!




I think this card fits the bill, I love how it came out, pretty, fallish and a bit of distressing, so all in all rustic I think.

I started this card with a base of kraft card stock, measuring 5 inches by 11 inches and folded it in half. I followed that up with some distressed very vanilla and the DS paper is distressed around the edges and comes from the Autumn Spice Speciality Paper Pack from SU. The image used is a retired set, Branch Out. I used Early Espresso, River Rock, Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze ink for the leaves and tree. I sponged the ground in with a bit of Wild Wasabi ink and added a little Bashful Blue sponged in for the sky. I matted the image with Cajun Craze card stock that I punched along the bottom with a MS punch. The sentiment is from the SU Watercolor Trio set, I stamped with Cajun Craze and used the oval and scallop oval punch. The ribbon I used is some I had in my stash and I added some die cut swirls made with the sizzix Scribbles Swirls. So what do you think guys.....is it rustic pretty?

Well, that is all from me today, Thanks so much for stopping by and if you have the time please leave me a comment, it sooooooo makes my day to hear from you. HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki

5 comments:

stampingwithlulu said...

Beautifully rustic card : ) I love this stamp set. It's the only retired set that I absolutely won't sell.

Marisa said...

You are done some renos on the blog I see :) Looks good.

Lovely card. That leaf DP is too yummy as is the flourish and the soft bow. Great work as always.

Cynthia said...

I love your card. So Fall. So rustic. And so gorgeous!! Great job combining so many elements. This inspires me....
Have a great day and God Bless, <><

Lois said...

Gorgeous! this screams FALL!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the colours, love the design and the image is beautiful!!! Thanks for playing the BBB challenge!!