Cards For Sale

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TSSC140.....Birthday Wishes




Good Tuesday Morning Peeps!!

Today's card share is made with Mary Jo's Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.

I really love this sketch, I love the top note die and I used some fun new stuff, new to me, the Newsprint DS paper. I used very vanilla for the base and followed that with basic black and then some Cherry Cobbler, I love this new core color, that I used the Swiss dot EF on. I cut a top note with basic black and with the Newsprint DS paper. I trimmed the DS paper so that the black would mat it. I made a sentiment flag out of black a very vanilla. The sentiment is from the Level 3 Hostess set "Occasional Quotes". I stamped that with black stazon onto the very vanilla card stock. I stamped the flower, from the "Vintage Vogue" stamp set with Cherry Cobbler ink onto some very vanilla card stock and cut it out and mounted it to the top note with some foam tape.

I added some of the new Chantilly crochet trim to the bottom of the sentiment panel, ruffling it a bit. I finished the flower with a bow made with some of the basic black 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon. The top note is also mounted to the base with some foam tape.

Well, that is all from me today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

7 comments:

Jenn Diercks said...

I love these colors too and the Newsprint dsp is some of my favorite. I love the little details with the bow and the lace ribbon. What a fun card!

Marisa said...

Darling card, Vicki. Love the lace under the sentiment panel.

MJ said...

This is so wonderful. I love the clean crisp look and the colors are just stunning. What a beautiful card Vicki, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Pamela Cole said...

Vicki, Love your use of the top note for the newsprint. Great color combination. Beautiful!!!

Keva said...

This is beautiful! How did you get the two layers of the top note die to be so perfect!!?

Rhonda Langley said...

I like how you tied the ribbon around the flower! Great colors!

Lori W said...

This is very striking! I LOVE the colors and all the parts you chose.

Lori W :-)