Cards For Sale

Monday, November 22, 2010

GRATEFUL and a small Blog Break



Good Monday Morning Peeps!!!

Today's card share is made with the sketch challenge this week on the
Paper Players Blog. I wanted to make a Thanksgiving/Fall card for today's post and when I saw this sketch I knew I could make some pumpkins for the circles on the sketch.

I started the card with a base of Very Vanilla and followed that with some so saffron card stock and the DSP I used on the card is from the Autumn Spice paper pack from the Occasions Mini. Love that paper!! My pumpkins are made with pumpkin pie card stock and the large one is made with the wide oval punch and the small one is made with the 1 inch punch. I embossed all my punched pieces with the vintage wall embossing folder and sponged the edges heavily with Cajun craze ink. I used the Sizzix sizzlet Scribbles Swirls with old olive card stock to make the vines and little leaves. I hand cut the stem and sponged these pieces with old olive ink. I added some very vanilla satin ribbon all scrunched up and a few antique brads. The sentiment comes from the "Falling Leaves" stamp set.

I am taking a small blogging break for the rest of this week. It is a busy week here at my house and I also need a little rest to give my mojo some time to surface again. I am grateful to all my blog readers who stop by and look and for those who leave a comment or two and to those who e-mail me with questions or just to say they enjoy my creations!! It makes me happy to create and it makes me even happier to know someone out there is enjoying my creations! Thank you all and I will be back next Monday, maybe before with more fun stuff!!!

HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

16 comments:

Jodi said...

What a gorgous card. I think these sre just about the best looking pumpkins I have seen.
Take your time off and come back with your creative juices flowing.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! I love those pumpkins and the folder you embossed it with! Heck, I just love everything about it! LOL
Enjoy your blog break this week and I hope your mojo finds it's way back even tho I think everything is looking wonderful!
Have a great day & a blessed holiday!
Hugs~

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic, Vicki! Love the ribbon treatment!!! Enjoy your week! Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend!!!

Tawnya Bonnell said...

I think your projects are absolutely fabulous!! When scrolling galleries, I can always recognize your work. Thanks so much for always sharing so generously! Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings to you and your family.

Marisa said...

You are the master pumpkin maker, Vicki :) These are adorable. Love how you ruffled just a portion of the ribbon and embossed your pumpkins. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving and have some turkey for me :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Absolutely LOVE your punched and textured pumpkins! Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! I'll be missing your talented creations, but we all need a break from time to time.

Nance Leedy said...

I love this! These embossed, punched and sponged pumpkins are fabulous and I love the two sizes. A perfect take on this week's sketch. So glad you could join us at The Paper Players this week!

Kim said...

very pretty! This will be on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS!

Cindy said...

Because of health issues I can't stamp as much as I would like. I so enjoy looking at your beautiful creations each day, it certainly is a bright spot in my day! TFS
Enjoy a wonderful holiday.

Leslie559 said...

Thank you for your blog and your time.
Thanksgiving Blessings to you, and your family.

Becky said...

I love your cards. You just keep getting fancier. I just wished you were closer. I live 30 miles west of Springfield in between Everton and Ash Grove, MO

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I love those embossed pumpkins. A fabulous job with the sketch! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect Thanksgiving card - love the embossing on the pumpkins - they are all dressed up for dinner! Have a great Turkey Day!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, this is such a gorgeous Thanksgiving card! I love your punched pumpkins and your scrunched ribbon is a gorgeous accent! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week! I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving today, too! :)

Vicki said...

Hi Vicki,

I really enjoy your blog and totally understand needing to regroup and let your mojo come back. Take a break and I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

Vicki from Ontario, Canada

jaydee said...

Vicki, love those pumpkins. the embossing folder really adds depth to them.
Thank you for joining the Paper Players again and enjoy your time off.
Jaydee