Cards For Sale

Friday, December 24, 2010

My Secret non SU obsession




Merry Christmas Eve Peeps!!!

I am popping in here with a quick little post and a little confession!!! LOL!!! I wanted to show you all some little projects I have been making this holiday season and to confess a little obsession I have. You see, I have fallen head over heels in love with this music sheet paper I found at my local craft store. I first found it when just browsing the paper aisle looking at the paper. I love to just look at all the pretty paper don't you?

I started out with just a couple of sheets, but after making a couple sets of the cute little gingerbread magnets I went back for some more, you know just in case. I did make alot of gingerbread magnets for gifts this year. I think I made 14 or 15 sets of magnets. I used a sizzix die that I got from e-bay and used coasters and sticky magnet sheets to create the magnets. They are so fun and easy to make. I packaged them up using some cello card sleeves and adding a topper.

I then made these, alot of these really:




Using another sizzix die. I cut these out with some chipboard. I glued the paper onto the chipboard first using my tombow mono liquid glue. I then ran the chipboard and die through my cuttlebug to cut out the snowman. I cut out the scarf, the same way and added a button to the scarf. I used black mini brads for the eyes and buttons. The nose is chipboard too and colored with a copic marker. I added color to the cheeks and sponged the edges with some distressing ink. I then used some of the cardboard that comes in the SU paper packs, covered with more of the music paper and cut another snowman out and glued to the back of the snowman. On some of these I used my crop-a dial to punch a hole in the top of the snowman to make into ornaments the others are left without hangers and stuck on presents and into goodie trays. I had to go back to the craft store for more of this paper, this time I bought 10 sheets.

And then I made some of these:




These were made with a tutorial I found HERE

Some really fun to make Pine cone ornaments, After making these I went back for more of this paper, I think 10 more sheets, just to have, cos if they ran out I would be very, very SAD!!

Well, all ENJOY the holidays with your family and friends!! HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

18 comments:

Marisa said...

This are adorable!! Love the sheet music :)

Wendy said...

These are all so CUTE! Thanks for getting me hooked on them too! LOL

Merry Christmas, sweetie!!

Wendy J. said...

Vicki, these are all adorable! But I especially love the pinecone! Merry christmas!

Linda Callahan said...

Your creations are amazing! I love the music paper! Best wishes for a wonderful 2011!

Dawn Easton said...

Eeek! Those are soooooo cute, Vicki! I LOVE the magnet idea using the die cuts! Very fun!

Your pine cone ornament is gorgeous!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, my friend!

Donna Mc said...

These are beautiful! I'm off to ebay to shop! Thanks for sharing your talent. Happy New Year!

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are so cute! The musci sheet looks great!

Pam Speidel said...

You are one very crafty lady Vicki! Love these...especially with the sheet music. How creative! ♥

Pam E-Schoolcraft, MI said...

I love these! Who makes the paper?

Vicki said...

I am just like that too when I find a paper I love! Love the pine cone too! I will have to make some up for next year. Thanks for sharing.

Wanda Cullen said...

I had to laugh about your frequent buyer plan - lol! The paper really is gorgeous and I love all your projects...just too cute!

Linda Walker said...

I love decorations made from sheet music--those snowmen are the cutest. Thanks for posting!
Linda
mysewwhatblog.com

janet dycus said...

i love your snowman where did you get that die at

Robin said...

Love the snowman. What die cut did you use, and what was the brand of paper? Beautiful job?

Anonymous said...

I, too, am looking for the die for the snowman and the gingerbread man. neihejp@att.net

Anonymous said...

I also would like to know what die you used for the snowman and gingerbread man and the paper.

cak said...

Hello, Great ideas you have here! Love to try them myself. Can you email me the name of the snowman and scarf dies you used for this please?

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Love the snowman.. how do I find the die. I am new at this.