Cards For Sale

Friday, February 25, 2011

Live, Laugh & Love




Good Friday Morning Peeps!!!


Today I am sharing a card I made with the Ways to Use it Challenge yesterday on SplitcoastStampers. The challenge was Grey Doesn't need to be Gloomy, use GREY as a neutral color. Instead of choosing a white, brown or black base which are the most common neutrals, reach for grey!


I used basic gray as my card base and then use some pretty in pink card stock for my pop of color! Some of you know that I have become a bit addicted to making these rolled flowers, they are really easy and look so cute, I think anyway. I have recently ordered a Sizzix die to cut these out, that will make it even easier, so look for a bunch more of these once I get that die here. Another little tip I came across on making these, get yourself a quilling tool, it helps alot.




The sentiment come from the Stampin Up On your Birthday stamp set. I stamped the sentiment with basic gray ink onto some whisper white card stock. I added a piece of pretty in pink DS paper and some pretty in pink satin ribbon, my last bit of that so I need to get some more on my next order! I used the two step bird punch to punch out a few leaves with pear pizzazz card stock. I used my glue gun to adhere the small rolled flowers to the card so they will not fall off. I then tucked in the leaves around the flowers and added a few basic pearls to the flower centers. A nice CAS card for the stash!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, be sure and check back tomorrow for my Our Creative Corner card!

HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful. Simple but elegant.

Jackie said...

That is a beautiful card! I never thought of using gray that way but I love it. It's perfect with the pink and adds an elegant touch. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card. Just LOVE those flowers too! Do you know the name of the die. I'm thinking I need to get it myself - you enabler you! Great tip with the quilling tool too.

Wendy said...

Beautiful as always, Vicki! I really love this pink & grey color combo!
Happy Friday!!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Vicki! This is STUNNING girlie! LOVE the clean design, the color combo and those rolled flowers! WOW WOW and WOW!!

Jeri said...

I REALLY like the look of this card! Did you do the rolled flowers in any special way? Thanks!

Wendy J. said...

This is just gorgeous, Vicki! I love the CAS style and beautiful color combo. Your flowers are so wonderful also!

Jean McKenzie said...

The pink with the grey looks beautiful! I love the clean layout of your card and those little rolled flowers to set it all off.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love, love, love this card! Pink with gray is so beautiful and I love your rolled flowers! I've been looking for a quilling tool - at 2 different Michael's and they both had cleared quilling supplies from their inventory. May I ask where you got yours?

Dawn Easton said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL, Vicki!

Barbara Cambron said...

Hi,
I love love all your cards and I like clean lines too. What Sizzix die are you getting, I love those flowers and want to learn to make them. Is there a tutorial on Splitcoast? If you have time please email me @ bc10551@gmail.com