Cards For Sale

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

TLC315......Happy Birthday




Happy Tuesday Peeps!

Yesterday the Technique Challenge on Splitcoast was to make an ODD shaped card, anything besides the usual square or rectangle card. I immediately thought about the cupcake card I made last November, you can see it HERE. so I decide to make another for this challenge. I used white for my base and then used some rose red that I crimped for the cupcake base/liner. The top of the cupcake is some yummy pumpkin pie DSP from the Sweet & Sour paper pack. I used the Bigz L die, Fun Flowers, from the Occasions Mini, to make the flowers for the topper. I cut one out of rose red, sponged and embossed it, then added another layer cut with the same die out of some of the DSP. I put a jumbo silver brad in the middle and added it to the cupcake with some dimensionals. I added some yummy pumpkin pie satin ribbon around the bottom and tied a pretty bow. This wonderful satin ribbon is so pretty and ties beautiful bows. I then stamped the Happy Birthday from the Something to Celebrate stamp set onto some very vanilla card stock and cut and curled the flag. I tucked it into the flower and attached with a bit of glue.
Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!
Vicki

7 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how fun, Vicki! GREAT shape!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is just tooo darling!!!!!
what a great cupcake design!!!!
tfs:)

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Vicki!! AWESOME colors and papers! SO fun!!

Marisa said...

Love it!! Great flower, colours and card.

Jodi said...

I just love this card. Very cute and so creative. It is very nice.
You do such nice work, I love everything you do.
~Jodi

Beth said...

Great cupcake card Vicki! Nice bright colours - so fun for someone's birthday!

Wanda Cullen said...

Great, fun colors and I LOVE this cupcake shaped card! The crimped base is such a perfect detail!