Cards For Sale

Monday, May 30, 2011

Vintage Thanks


Hello Peeps!

Today I am sharing I card I made for the CAS challenge today on Splitcoaststampers. The challenge was to scrunch your ribbon. I got that, but the rest of the card didn't turn out to be a Clean & Simple Card. I tend to get a bit carried away. So I didn't link it our add it over on Splitcoast but I still like the card so I am sharing with you here.

I did have part of this card already started. I found the base and the chocolate chip layer with the piece of DSP from the Botanical Gazette pack in my pile of scraps. I thought I could build something from there. I had seen a card made with the hydrangea stamp from the "Because I Care" stamp set made similar to my main image awhile back, of course I can't find it now, so that was my inspiration.

The flower was stamped with early espresso onto very vanilla and then the flower part was stamped with Marina Mist onto some scrap very vanilla. I used my aqua painter to color it in a bit with more Marina mist ink. I added some old olive to the leaves and it combined with the early espresso and made a cool effect.  I used some BG stamps from the French foliage stamp set and added them around the flower. The flower head was then cut out and added over the base flower with some foam tape. the sentiment is from the "Thank You Kindly" stamp set.

To the piece under the main image I added some Marina mist DSP and a small piece of newsprint DSP. I stamped some more splotches around and then sponged it all, both the image and base piece with ealry espresso ink. The glitter was added quite by accident, I was first going to put my scrunched up ribbon across that area and had laid down a strip of sticky tape. After adding the ribbon, I didn't like it so i pulled of the ribbon, but could not get the tape off with out messing up the paper below it so I decided to add some chunky glitter there. I used my aqua painter and some early espresso to tone down the glitter abit. I then added my scrunchy ribbon across the bottom. I finished it off with a few silver pearls! (Sure wish SU would start carrying those, I heart them so much!)



Well, that is all from me, I just want to take a moment to thank all of you for your support, kind comments and e-mails. Continued prayers and good thoughts for this community is appreciated as everyone tries to move forward. My heart goes out to them all and to the families who are beginning to bury their loved ones, may they find the strength needed to get them through. Hug your loved ones and make sure they now how much they mean to you!

Vicki


14 comments:

Susan said...

OMG! This is so not in your style. I am impressed with your adventuresome spirit on this project. All I can say is WOW!

Marisa said...

Love how one can sub in something when a change of mind occurs. Chunky glitter looks great there :) Fabulously done as always. My heart breaks for those in your area who have suffered such loss...keeping them in my prayers. Hugs to you too!

Beth said...

Love this vintage distressed look - it's a beautiful card Vicki!

Lorri said...

Wow it doesn't get any better than this!! What a BEAUTIFUL CARD VICKI!!! Amazing detail here! Great work as always!

Anne-Marie said...

Such soft colours, beautifully done...stunner! Prayers being offered for those in such deep distress.

Victoria said...

This is just stunning Vicki! Love the vintage feel and fabulous colours you've used together!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Detenish said...

it's a beautiful card Vicki!

Annette Elliott said...

Wow! OMG! and Awesome! :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great vintage card vicki-the colors are so perfect-love the distressing you did as well-

Dawn Easton said...

This one is GORGEOUS too! LOVE your ribbon treatment!

Unknown said...

This is jaw dropping GORGEOUS Vicki!!! I love it and will be showcasing this on My Crafty Picks #19 with a link back to your blog on 6-5-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh Vicki, this is just so gorgeous. I stopped by to comment on your OCC card, but couldn't resist checking out your latest work - haven't been keeping up through my reader as I wish I could. What a beautiful vintage work - the same goes for the the next card you have posted. Just lovely!

Created By you said...

What a gorgeous card, Vicki! I'm inspired! Congrats on being chosen for Crafty Pics this week too!
Hugs,
Sharon Field

Margaret said...

This is one of my favorite stamp sets already, but your vintage card makes me love it more! Absolutely beautiful (Don't you just love when an 'oops' turns into the perfect fix!)