Cards For Sale

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CC338.....Sweet School Days


Good Tuesday Morning Peeps!!

Today I am sharing my card sample made for the Color Challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers. The colors today are Real Red, Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight. I used the neutral of Very Vanilla. This week the dessert option is "back to school' - think kid stamps, backpacks, lined paper, apples, pencils, books, rulers etc!

I went a bit over board on the "back to school" theme! LOL! The base of my card is Night of Navy card stock. The DSP on here is from a retired Stampin Up pack, I think "Newsprint". I used my spiral edge punch down one side of the DSP.




I used on of my favorite Stampin' Up stamp sets called "Greeting Card Kids". I stamped the school kids image onto some very vanilla card stock with black stazon. I colored them in with my aqua painter and my ink pads. I matted this piece with real red card stock and pierced all around the edges with using my piercing tool and matt pack. I cut a Night of Navy piece of card stock the same size as my image piece and embossed it with the Stripes EF.
I made my Pencil with some Daffodil Delight card stock. I first printed out my sentiment directly onto the card stock. I then made the tip with some crumb cake and basic black card stock. I added a bit of blush blossom card stock to the top for the eraser. I then used a MS punch to make the apple with some red glitter paper. The ABC's are cut with the Naturally Serif die. I finished it off with a silver clip.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki


3 comments:

Wendy said...

Way too cute, Vicki!! Love your Greeting Card Kids! Great job with today's colors!

Marisa said...

Totally cute card, Vicki! Love the sparkly apple, notebook edge, the little library clip and the coloured alphabet up top. You got it all in :) Not sure the kids would say sweet school days, but I know a few moms who would LOL.

Jodi said...

So fun! Such a great back to school card. Love all your little details: the paper, notebook looking edge, the apple, pencil & of course the adorable kids heading off to school. How do you use the aqua painter with your ink pads?