Cards For Sale

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Color Challenge Guest Designer


Good Tuesday Morning Peeps!!!

I was surprised to get a PM from Betty on Splitcoaststampers asking if I would like to be a guest designer for the color challenges for the month of August. I, of course said yes, I love to play along every Tuesday with the color challenges.

The colors this week are basic gray, tempting turquoise and whisper white. After giving it some thought I decided to make a Christmas card. I love this Stampin Up snowman set called "Snow Much Fun" and I hadn't used this snowman at all, so he needed  to get inky!!

I started my card with a base of basic gray and then followed that with some whisper white. The next is some more basic gray that I embossed with a snowflake EF. I then sponged some white craft ink onto this piece to highlight the snowflakes. On the bottom half I used some basic gray and white DSP that is from a retired paper pack.



I then stamped the snowman image onto some white card stock and colored him in with my aqua painter using tempting turquoise and basic gray ink. I also used a bit of pumpkin pie and regal rose for his nose and cheeks. This stamp only has the snowman with one snowball, I wanted him to be juggling snowballs, so I just used my stamp-a-ma-jig  to ink up the snow ball and add them around his image. Altho you can't really tell in the pic, I used some stardust stickles on the snowman and the snow balls. I matted the image with a tempting turquoise scallop oval. I added some retired silver tinsel across the card and added a tempting turquoise bow.

The sentiment is from the same set and is stamped with black stazon and I used the modern label punch to punch it out and mat. I added a few silver pearls and a little bluebird to the sentiment panel.


2 comments:

Patti said...

So cute. Love the juggling snowballs.

Wendy said...

Cute!!! You know how much I love this particular snowman from this set! Your card is super duper adorable...as always, Vicki! :)