Cards For Sale

Sunday, September 25, 2011

SSSC136.........Pick Your Poison



Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


I had been working with the Stampin Up Pick Your Poison DSP and Quick Accents from the holiday Mini this week for a couple of other projects and since they were already out when I started thinking about my Sweet Sunday card I decided to use them again. I did take a bit of inspiration from a card in the Holiday Mini for my card. I used the "Piece of Poison" stamp set also from the Holiday Mini, I stamped the skeleton directly onto some of the DSP with black stazon ink, I then used the sentiment from the Piece of Poison stamp set and stamped it with some pumpkin pie ink and the "brain matter" stamp was also stamped with pumpkin pie ink. I matted this with some basic black card stock and added a bit of peach parfait ribbon and a antique brad. 
The base of my card is pumpkin pie card stock and then I followed that with some basic black and some of the DSP from the Pick Your Poison paper pack. The black and orange strip is from the Quick Accents pack and then I added a strip of silver glimmer paper.
The circle element is made up of a basic black circle scallop, a 1-1/2 inch circle of pumpkin pie and them the skull is punched with a 1-3/8 inch circle punch from the DSP. I added some basic rhinestones to the skulls eyes and a few black rhinestones across the strips and in the top corner.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Karen Motz said...

Love these spooky images, especially the rhinestone eyes!! Cool!!

Lynn Put said...

How FUN and spooky, I love it! The layered stamping on your main paneling and rhinestone details look fantastic!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Vicki, this is so fun! Love those eyes!!!

Karen Giron said...

This is so Creeptastic!! Love the eyes - such a fantastic Halloween card!

Dana White said...

What a great halloween card - love the creepy eyes!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ooooh, this is a spooky one, Vicki! Love how you stamped that main image with the antique brad accent. Those silver eyes are so creepy and a perfect touch! Love it! :)

Allison said...

This is so fun! I wish I found more use for Halloween cards - they are definitely the bst to make. Love the rhinestone eyes and layering of stamps on the main panel!

Unknown said...

hahaha love the skeleton! Perfect halloween card!