Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 23, 2011

SSSC140......Delightful Halloween Night



Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


I was bit intimidated by this sketch and those little squares.
I finally decided to make another Halloween card and use the Stampin Up Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set. The images in that set are perfect for this sketch.

I used my 1 inch and 1-1/4 inch circle punches in lieu of the squares. I stamped 5 images from the set, two on  old olive, one on cherry cobbler, one on basic gray and one on cajun craze card stock using black stazon ink. 
The base of my card is Crumb Cake card stock and I followed that with some basic black card stock.
The DSP on here is from the Stampin Up Frightful Sight paper pack and the bottom half of the card is some embossed cherry cobbler card stock. I used the square lattice embossing folder, my fave.


The sentiment is from the Stampin Up Grateful Greetings stamp set. I stamped with black stazon onto white card stock and matted with some basic black. I curled the panel a bit with a pencil to give it some dimension, I do however resist the urge to make it into a flag, I tend to do that a bit much! :)

I added a strip of crumb cake card stock across the card with some old olive grosgrain ribbon, then added the circles to the card with some dimesionals. I finished with a couple of silver pearls to the top corners.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love the circles with the images on them and that fabulous paper! And I especially like the ribbon treatment - just fantastic!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Halloween card. Love the non-traditional colors you used, and each little stamped image is just perfect! And yes I agree with Karen, great layering of your ribbons, may have to *borrow* that idea sometime. Thanks for sharing!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, those little images are perfect for this sketch! Love your theme! Hope I can play along with this challenge too!

Lynn Put said...

Vicki you rocked this sketch! Love the adorable Halloween images, great colors and ribbon!

Leslie said...

Ooooh Halloween....I love it! I like that little piece of black ribbon through your knot too!

Beth said...

What a perfect set to use for this sketch! Love those little Halloween images and the great papers you have used :)

Dana White said...

VIcki this is perfect - LOVE all the halloween images; clearly you didn't struggle with this sketch!!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Very cute take on the sketch. I love the sentiment.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ohhhh, I love this sketch and your fantastic card! The colors are awesome and I really like all the fun Halloween images. So cute!!

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch! Card is fabulous!!

Marjie Kemper said...

That IS a neat sketch! I like your circle twist on it as well as the circle/dot background. Very cool.

Karen Motz said...

Love that you changed the squares to circles! It works perfectly with these fun images!