Cards For Sale

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

CC352.....Merry Christmas


Happy Hump Day Peeps
So sorry for the late post, I had this schedule to go live this morning and it didn't and since I was busy with other things today I did not notice.

This is a card I made using the Color Challenge on Splitcoaststampers and the Paper Players Challenge to create a Christmas card using non traditional  colors are non holiday stamps. I used the Stampin Up Array of Sunshine stamp set to create my Christmas roses. 
Altho the flowers look pink I assure you they are stamped with my real red ink pad. The lighter flower is just made by stamping the flower stamp again with out re-inking.
I made the holly leaves with my oval and slit punches. I know what you are thinking, holly does not have flowers, it has berries, but I think the holly leaves look nice and give the card a winter/Christmas feel.
The DSP is from the Holly Berry Bouquet pack and I added a pretty bow, of course. The sentiment on here is from the Contempo Christmas stamp set

Just wanted to give you a heads up to check out this post at Vintage Paper Designs where she has featured my tree ornaments in her Vintage Paper Holiday Inspiration. What an honor, and she was so sweet to contact me about them. There is some really cute ideas in her post and I am thrilled to be included!!

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the flowers!! Great card.

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous too! I love those handcut flowers and the pretty bow!!!

LeAnne said...

Very, very pretty....I think pink and rose are beautiful Christmas colors, esp. with the holly! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Julie Marshall said...

Such a pretty card Vicki! I actually love the Pink Flowers (that aren't so pink ;) Great design and color choices for our non-traditional theme. Thanks so much for joining the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! The texture,the bow, and the pearls are the perfect touches! I LOVED your tree tags, by the way. Thanks for introducing me to a new site! AND thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, I hav to tell you that you are the reason I added this stamp set to my last order...because you use it beautifully EVERY time. This is gorgeous! Love that pop of pink and all of the layers. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Vicki, this is gorgeous! Love all the layers and texture. Those flowers are stunning and just perfect with the holly leaves! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players this week!

Lesley said...

I love your Christmas flowers Vicki! The colours are so fabulous together and your fussy cutting is unreal! So happy you joined us this week at the Paper Players.
Hugs,
Lesley