Cards For Sale

Saturday, December 10, 2011

OCC...All Ruffled Up


Happy Saturday Peeps!!! 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 

This week our hostess is the fabulous Anne Marie Hile and her challenge for us is
 "All Ruffled Up"~~Create a project showcasing ruffles. Whether it is ruffled ribbon, lace, paper, fabric, or ruffled embellishments.....get all ruffled up and show us what you can create. She also provided us a inspirational photo:
I thought about this "ruffled" challenge for a long time and kicked around several ideas and even made a "ruffled" card but in the end I decided to go with these fun ornaments.

I used some Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric from Stampin Up. I cut a long strip and folded it in half and hand stitched a running stitch down the length of the fabric stitch and gathered it by pulling the thread up.
I used my glue gun to attach this gathered strip of fabric to a scallop circle that I punched with the 2-3/8 inch scallop circle punch. I punched one with baja breeze and one with real red card stock. IO embossed both of these scallop circles with my square lattice EF. 


I did the same thing with some white tulle as I did the fabric and attached with my glue gun. I used some white bakers twnie to make a loop for hanging and glued that to the back I punched another scallop circle and glued that to the bag of the ornament to cover the fabric and to give it a finished look.
To decorate the front I used the Northern Frost Sizzlits Stip Die and die cut a large snowflake using my Big Shot.
I added the snowflake to the front of the ornament with a small dimesional and added a rhinestone to the center. I then added a small bow to the top using some whisper white taffeta ribbon.



Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

4 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

What a creative ruffle! Love your piece this week, Vicki.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful ruffled ornaments, Vicki! Love red and blue!!

Sharon Wheet said...

I love how you added the tulle to soften the edges. These ornaments are so pretty and festive! Love them!
I hope you have a good week., hugs, sharon

Anne Marie Hile said...

How stinkin' cute are these ornaments, Vicki? Love all of the layers and the tulle. It's SO fluffy!! I just got that fabric (my first fabric order, ever) and this is awesome inspiration to dig into it. You always inspire me, girl! You are just so creative! Hope your week is off to a fantastic start! Hugs! :)