Cards For Sale

Sunday, December 4, 2011

SSSC146.....Merry



Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


Another great sketch! I loved this one and will file it away to use again!
I started the card with a base of  Riding Hood Red card stock. I followed that up with some crumb cake card stock and the DSP I used is from the Stampin Up "Letters to Santa" paper pack.

I had a totally different idea in mind when I sat down to make this card. I had a different stamp set out and stamped a completely different image than the one I ended up with, but the other just didn't  work and you gotta know when to just let it go and change to something you know works!  I know I have used this image alot this season but it is a fave and makes really nice cards.
I stamped the image which is from the Stampin Up "Beautiful Season" stamp set onto some confetti cream card stock with black stazon and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. I used old olive, basic gray, riding hood red, so saffron, soft suede and bashful blue.


I added some very vanilla satin ribbon on the side and tied a bow. The little sentiment tag is from the "Tiny Tags stamp set. I added a couple of basic pearls and it is done.

13 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Wow Vicki - this is such a beautiful card and the image is amazing! Love this!

Wendy said...

No doubt about it, Vicki....this is simply gorgeous! Love everything about it especially your bow! Nicely done, my friend!
Happy Sunday! :)

Patti Willey said...

Love the layers of paper and this water colored chickadee! ...and your signature bow! :)

Trisha said...

Beautiful card, Vicki. The chickadee is a beauty and love your soft coloring.

Dawn Easton said...

I for one love when you use this image! You always colour it beautifully and your cards are wonderful!

Looks like a wonderful sketch and I hope to play along today!!

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured image and a great card!

Dana White said...

Vicki this is stunning - gorgeous image

Karen Motz said...

Oh Vicki...this card just melts my heart!!! I adore birds...and this little sweety on the holly branch is spectacular!!!!!

Lynn Put said...

Holy cow Vicki your coloring on this image is amazing! Your watercoloring is incredible, your whole card is so beautiful!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, this is an absolutely beautiful card! I just got this set and used it on a CAS card to get me started (since I'm so behind), but what a beauty to make some special ones. Thanks for your inspiration -- I always love your style!

Steph said...

Wow this is stunning. I love that bird, I think I might have to get mine out and give it a try. You are superb at coloring, WOW!

Natalie said...

This is so beyond gorgeous!! Just absolutely beautiful!

carol (krillsister) said...

What a beautiful card. Your coloring of the image is exquisite. I love the pattern paper you used. Great take on the sketch.