Cards For Sale

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Note of Thanks


Happy Thursday Peeps!
Today I am sharing a card I made using a couple of challenges. I used the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge and this week's color challenge on  The Paper Players Blog.

The color challenge is Not Quite Navy, Pool Party and Certainly Celery, a pretty color combo.
I started my card with a base of Pool Party card stock and followed that with some Not Quite Navy card stock. The Certainly Celery DSP is from the Soft Subtles Patterns Pack.
I then used some not Quite Navy card stock that I embossed with the square lattice EF. I added a strip of Pool Party and some more DSP, this Pool Party piece is from the Attic Boutique pack.

I pulled out a sweet little single stamp from Stampin Up called Triple Treat flower. This pretty little stamp had never been inked!! I stamped the flower three times, using each of the colors from the color challenge. I used my large fancy lower punch, my 5 petal flower punch, and  my 1/2 inch circle punch to punch out the flower layers. I added a dimensional between each layer and a tiny silver brad to the center circle. 


I mounted the flower to an embossed scallop circle made with my 2-3/8" circle scallop punch.
The little sentiment is from the Thank You Kindly stamp set. I used some pool party seam binding ribbon across the top and to tie the bow. I added a silver brad to each corner.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki


8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I like that colour combo!!! Can't recall the last time I used NQN! Must try to play along this evening!
Love your layered flower!

Teresa Zuehls said...

A beautiful card! I always admire your work and I love how you use texture and dimension. TFS and have a wonderful day.

LeAnne said...

I just got this stamp myself---and I can't wait to try it out too! I love how you interpreted the sketch and added the embossed piece behind the flower! Thanks for using my Paper Players colors this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Yup, you just made sure this stamp was added to my next order, Vicki! (*enabler alert!*) I love all of those lovely layers and the texture from the embossing. Your bows are always so perfect, too. So glad you joied us this week at the Paper Players! Hugs! :)

Heidi said...

Love all of the layers you have on this card and you used the color combo perfectly...not overpowering any one color with the other. It's beautiful, Vicki!

Wendy said...

Super adorable card, Vicki! Love the color combo and all the embossing! That flower looks awesome in those different colors and popped up! Love it! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful use of the sketch and a lovely combination of papers and textures. Gorgeous as always Vicki! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Vicki... I love seeing your cards! Always full of beautiful ideas! I love that flower (I just got it) with this color combination! Love all the textures and the bow is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Players this week!!

Hugs
Shirley GD April