Cards For Sale

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thinking of You


Happy Thursday Peeps!!

So sorry I have been quite this week on the ol blog. I have been busy creating, just some stuff I can't show you right now.
I have made the decision to step down from a couple design team commitments as I try to find a balance in my life.Sometimes we need to step away from things to see them more clearly, don't get me wrong, I WILL still be stamping and I do have a couple of new things on the horizon that I am excited about so watch for those.

The card I am sharing with you here is one I made quite a while back and hadn't shared. It uses the Stampin Up "You are Loved" set that was in the Holiday Mini and thankfully will be in the new catalog!


I used some cherry cobbler card stock for the base, and some river rock that I embossed with the vintage wall EF and the DSP is from the Well Worn paper pack. I distresses and curled the edges a bit. I added some crochet trim and cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon and antique brad to embellish.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous project, Vicki! Love your use of the DSP (curly layered corner), and all the yummy layers. And hey, when you find some balance can you help me find some, too? Not enough hours/ days/ years!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is beautiful! Love your ribbon medallion that you made! Fabulous idea!
I totally understand stepping down from some DT things....did that last year and it was nice to have some time to "just stamp".

Looking forward to seeing what you have coming up!

Can't wait to order from the new catty too!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, as I am truly sad to hear that you are stepping down from some of your DT comittments, I completely understand the need for balance. Sometimes there just aren't enough hands to juggle it all. You know I am a BIG fan of your work and will be looking forward to what you have on the creative horizon.

Your card is gorgeous, with all of the awesome details you added. Sending a big hug your way! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh VICKI....this card isGORGEOUS!!!!! so very pretty...I love all the beautiful detail!!!

Lynda said...

I have to jump on the already heavily laiden band-wagon and say - GORJUS. This is such a sweet and innocent image. I must also confess to having never thought of cobbler and river rock together befoer. Simply delicious.

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty colors and neat design, lovely flowers both stamped and ribbon!