Cards For Sale

Monday, June 18, 2012

Merry Monday Sketch Challenge


Merry Monday Peeps!
It is time for a new Merry Monday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the fab sketch Lesley has for us this week:


I pulled out my Poinsettia Nestabilties to make my Merry Monday card.
I got this as a gift last Christmas and I hadn't used them yet so it was about time huh?
I used Cherry Cobbler card stock along with some always artichoke for the leaves.
The fern-y like foliage around the outside of the poinsettia is made with a MS punch.


The sentiment comes from the Stampin Up "Many Merry Messages" stamp set, now retired. The DSP is also from a retired pack. I used confetti cream card stock for the base of the card.  I added an antique brad to the sentiment piece and a few small pearls to the center of the flower.

Be sure and hop on over to Lesley's Blog to see what the Merry Monday Makers did with this sketch!
Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki






16 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Such a fabulous poinsettia!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki!!! I wanted that die last year as it makes such beautiful cards!!!

Lesley said...

Lovely take on the sketch, I love that poinsettia and the ferns! Wow Vicki, this is pretty!

Bonnie said...

Vicky, what a beautiful poinsettia! I love the texture and greenery behind it! Great take on the sketch and a beautiful Christmas card!

LeAnne said...

What a great gift and you sure put it to a good use! Love the "greenery" you added as well. Stunning card.

Marisa said...

I'm green with envy - I sooo want that nestie die!! Beautifully framed with the foliage and loving the color combo. Great card as always :)

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, love the poinsettia.

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful! So much texture, and the Always Artichoke really looks like a neutral color. Thanks for the inspiration! Kit Marie

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!!!
You have a great eye for color and texture!

Hugs,
Jo
P.s..would you be so kind as to visit my blog and become a follower? Thank you!

Patti said...

Beautiful card. The poinsettia is gorgeous.

Kerri T. said...

Wow! You've made me want to dig out my poinsettia die and get started on Christmas cards! It's never too early to start!! Gorgeous card!

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with that gorgeous layered poinsettia! I love the sentiment too, and that's one stamp set I doubt I'm ever going to part with!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my! That flower is exquisite!!! What a GORGEOUS card!!

Karen Motz said...

Stunning Vicki!!! Love all the dimension and layers on that poinsettia!!!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh Vicki, you have such a way with flowers on your cards and this is no exception - it's fabulous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful card Vicki - I absolutely love your poinsettia!