Cards For Sale

Monday, July 2, 2012

Merry Monday.......very merry


Happy Merry Monday peeps!!
Lesley asked me to stay on for another week on the Merry Monday challenges.
This month is a bit different as Lesley is taking a bit of a blogging break she asked us to choose our favorite past Merry Monday sketch and create a new card using it. 
I picked sketch #8:

I couldn't let my time on with the Merry Monday sketches go by and NOT use my favorite stamp set of all time, The Stampin Up "Greeting Card Kids" set.
You all know how much I love this set and in particular this stamp from the set.
I stamped the sweet little Christmas girl, onto some white card stock with black stazon ink. I colored her using my aqua painter and ink pads. I die cut this out using the label Framelits die.

The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler card stock and I used a card from a Simply Sent kit, Everyday Elegance, I think,  for the DSP and pretty die cut edge. I actually cut up the card and added the DSP and die cut edge to my base, I then added some white card stock to the bottom and stamped my sentiment.


I then cut another piece from the card front of the Simply Sent card, the piece with the embossed dots and the stripes of cherry cobbler and white and added it just above the sentiment panel piece.......LOL does all that make sense? :)

I added the main image piece to the base with dimensionals and then added a few silver pearls to the top scallops. 
I love how this card turned out, clean and simple but sweet and not to many layers or embellishments that would make it bulky for mailing.

Be sure and hop on over to Lesley's blog to see what the others did with this sketch.
Thanks so much for stopping by and
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki


5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, she's adorable! Every time I see you use one of those sweet images I kick myself for not owning that set! LOL! Thanks for inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
You never stop amazing me. I would not have thought to use the edge of those cards for a border!!!
Your a Master paper crafter!!!

Paula

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just beautiful Vicki! You always create such elegant cards and this one is just gorgeous with those colours.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, that image is so adorable and the border is lovely.

Bonnie said...

How clever to use the Simply Sent card as a base! I love this sweet little girl and you've colored her beautifully!