Cards For Sale

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Tree Ornaments-Revisited


Many of you will remember these ornaments that I made a couple of years back, they have become one of the most popular things on my blog.

I was recently honored to have them included as part of The Ornament Girl's
25 Ornaments to make.


I wanted to take a minute to give a little more info on them. I get e-mails almost daily about them and I am honored that so many people like them.
They are so fun and EASY to make.
The die I used for the tree is  a Sizzix die, Christmas Tree#2. I think it is a retired die, I got mine a few years back at Michael's but I have seen it online in various places. So you can do a google search and still find it, and if not any Christmas tree die would be cute.
The paper I used is some I bought locally at Hobby Lobby, it is still available, I just bought some more yesterday, cos I love it and I have stock piled a huge amount.  If you can't find it, shoot me an e-mail and we can make some arrangements for me to get you some, if I can.
The rusty jingle bells are some I had and still have from old ornament kit that I have had forever, but they are available at almost any craft store, or online craft supply stores.
The ribbon is of course your choice, in the above ones I used some Stampin UP Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon.
 I love the distressed look of these, I love all things prim, so these make me happy but I also made some that don't look as distressed 

Here are a few more I made this year, no sponging on them:


These below are less distressed and use some beads and red satin ribbon.



I used some chunky silver glitter on the edges of these.
I hope this post answers some of your questions but if you have any more please just ask, I am always happy to hear from you!
Thanks so much!
Vicki





6 comments:

Allisa said...

Gorgeous, love the chunky glitter! I have some glitter stored away for a rainy day...think I will be making some snowflake ornaments with it now!

Linda Callahan said...

Loved them then - love them now :)

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these~!! I remember them and must now try to find the supplies to re-create! Thanks for sharing!

kelley likes said...

I made some :) I don't recommend the triple thick coat of matte sealer. It changed it to a little darker shade. I'm going to try regular matte sealer or modge podge. :)

Thanks for having some crafts on your blog. Love them!

Maria said...

Gorgeous Christmas tree ornaments! Love all the glitter!

Tina M said...

These are so elegant! I love the distressed look :)