Cards For Sale

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweet Sunday......Oh Whale


Happy Sunday Peeps!!!


Here is our Sweet Sketch, designed by yours truly:


I have had this card rolling around in my head for awhile now,, and even tho I planned it out in my head, it took alot longer than it should have to make, blame it on the exhaustion. I at one point had it almost all together and realized all my hearts on the three BG panels were upside down....UGH...had to take it all apart!!
Anyway.....
I am using some new items from Stampin Up's Spring Mini.
 I love the new set called "Oh Whale" and the matching Clearlit Die. 
I die cut the whale out using some Pool Party card stock and then embossed him with the square
lattice EF. I used my circle and scallop circle nesties for the center element. I stamped the hearts with some Primrose Petals ink and then added the whale with a few dimensionals.
 I added a basic pearl to the whale for his eye. 


The base of the card is some Confetti Cream card stock and then the next layer is Primrose Petals. The DSP is from the More Amore Specialty pack.
I added some Pool Party ribbon and button which is from the SAB Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack
I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Oh Whale set, (it has the cutest sentiments to go along with the whale theme) with black stazon onto some more of the confetti cream card stock and flagged the end and curled it a bit. and added it to the card. 

Be sure and check out what the rest of the team has made with this sweet sketch:


and this week's Sweet guest stamper,
 the fabulous  

Thanks for stopping by today and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki





12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

eek! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Love those papers and your little sentiment tab. Adorable image...hehe!

LOVED this sketch and I'll be using it again very soon ;)

Connie Plaumann said...

Oh my gosh!! This card is way too cute!!!

Tracy said...

**clapping** Vicki, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this sketch!! Your whale is over the top adorable.

Dana White said...

Vicki this is so sweet. I've been there with the pattern being upside down! The die is sweet.

Karen Giron said...

I LOVED working with this sketch, Vicki - it is amazing! Your card is darling, especially with the embossed image. SO sweet!!

Leslie said...

This is lovely! Loving these new SU products!!

Jacquie Southas said...

I absolutely loved working with your sketch! Love the sweet card you have created (putting the hearts on upside is something I have definitely done). I think my favorite part is the embossed whale - so cute!

Karen Motz said...

Vicki, your card is adorable! I love that embossed whale! Thanks for designing such a fabulous sketch!

Lori said...

Thanks for the fun sketch this week! I love that embossed whale--just adorable!

Karen Day said...

Vicki, your card is so soft & pretty (it would make a great baby card)! Love your sketch, I'm looking forward to trying it :o)

Lynn Put said...

Awesome sketch Vicki! Love your adorable card with the pretty pastel colors and cute embossed whale!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Vicki!! This is So Darned CUTE!! 8-) Love your Sweet embossed whale and the Darling dsp's too! Your sketch is Fabulous Lady! And I had a lot of fun working with it!! So glad I found some time to play along! 8-)

Big hugs
Shannon