Cards For Sale

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Still AddINKtive......Blowing Wishes Your Way


Hello Peeps!!

Time for another new challenge at Still AddINKtive Challenges!

This week it is a sketch and color combo.

You can do either the sketch or the color challenge or both, it is up to you!
As you may notice I messed up the color challenge a bit. I looked at the sketch and colors and then went off to make my card, and somewhere along the way I got it in my head that one of the colors was primrose petals instead of the raspberry ripple. I didn't notice that I had used the wrong color til I was loading my card up to the design team blog. 
In my defense, I have been very tired and stressed lately and I am running behind on everything, which doesn't make for good crafting time. 


I tried to keep my card fairly simple, as I didn't have alot of time to work with it. I knew I wanted to use my fun pinwheel sizzlit die and make a birthday card.
The DSP on here and the pinwheel are from retired packs.
I used the Cloudy Day EF, which I love and it is so cute! A couple of other new items you may notice are the Needlepoint Border EF and the Delicate Details Lace Tape.
The sentiment is from the Wishes Your Way stamp set that goes along with the Pinwheel sizzlit die.
Be sure and hop on over to the Still AddINKtive Challenge BLOG to see what the rest of the team made with this challenge, you will be blown away!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Vicki



10 comments:

Marisa said...

That pinwheel is too darn cute and love the embossed clouds!! Great use of the sketch :)

Wendy said...

Love this, Vicki! Such a cute sketch and pretty colors! Your pinwheel is super cute! Thinking of you~

Susan Joyce said...

Your card is fantastic Vicki, love every detail, I must get that Cloud Embossing folder and use some of that stick on lace. I like how you combined the other embossing folders too.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how sweeet, Vicki! Love your little pinwheel! Think I need that one! Mine is way too big....lol This SU! one is just right! Love the pretty ribbon too!

Celia Cawthon said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki! This color combination has me squealing with delight! Love the card, the pinwheel, the layout, but this color combination has me wanting to craft Right. Now!

Marcia Hill said...

For being tired and stressed, your card sure came out beautiful! I love it and wouldn't have changed a thing...even the colors! :0)

H2 :) said...

Super cute, Vicki! Love your combination of colours, embossing folders, trim & ribbon. :)

Shelley said...

Vicki, I thought of you on Thursday. I heard some places near you had up to 1/2" of ice. Bad stuff! Only snow for us by the time it got to Iowa.

I love your pinwheel card! You really made the most out of the sketch. I'm always amazed what you come up with!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Well your colours look fabulous together even if they are the wrong ones lol :) I'm sorry you've been feeling tired and stressed Vicki big hugs to you! You have made a very sweet card anyway :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Oh Vicki, I'm sure we won't punish you for using the wrong color. This card is beautiful. I like the accent you used under your pinwheel!