Cards For Sale

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

SplitCoast Color Challenge.......Thanks So Much


Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

Today I took a look  at the color challenge over at SplitCoastStampers. First up I saw the pretty colors and then the fact that my awesome friend Wendy was guest designing this month. So of course I HAD to play along!

Here are the colors this week:

Basic Gray, Blushing Bride and Pink Pirouette.
When I went looking through my card stock I couldn't locate my Blushing Bride, I know I have some, but since I re-organized I can't find several things!! LOL!!

Anyway, I knew right away I wanted to use a NEW FAVORITE, The Stampin Up "Simply Sketched" which is gonna be a hostess set in the new catalog.
I stamped the image and sentiment with black stazon onto some Confetti White card stock and I colored with my aqua painter and blushing bride ink pad. I stamped a second image and colored the flower and added it over the bottom one with some dimensionals.  I cut out with my circle nesties and then sponged the edges lightly with basic gray while the nesties was still in place. 


The base of the card is the confetti white card stock, then a layer of basic gray and then a piece of pink pirouette that I embossed with Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder.
I added the nmain panel to the base with some dimensionals. I added some basic pearls and some Organza Ribbon. 
Thanks for stopping by today!!

Vicki






10 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

oh Vicki, this is beautiful. These are my favorite colors when creating a card and will surely have to CASE this.

Allisa said...

So pretty Vicki, love the shading!

Wendy said...

Such a beautiful card, Miss Vicki! I am loving this set and can't wait to earn it, eventually! LOL Love your coloring of this beautiful flower and the pretty embossing! Perfect card for these colors!
Thanks for the shout out too and thanks for playing along! :)

stampwithsandy said...

Vicki, this stamp set is my new favorite, too! What a beautiful creation, and I adore the colors.

Roxi's Reasons... said...

I LOVE checking your blog EVERY day to see what's new. You have such a wonderful, artistic talent and your cards are ALWAYS beautiful ! These colors are so softly pretty and the stamp set is incredible ! Keep up the good work - I am definitely a fan !

Bev said...

Vicki, your card is stunning. I love how you've made the pretty flower 3D, and softened the circle with the gray

Bev x

Wanda Cullen said...

GORGEOUS in these peachy/earthy tones! Love that sweet new flower paired with the embossed BG!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. I love this color combination and don't use it nearly enough. Thank you for the inspiration!

~Shawnie B.
www.CardsByShawnie.com

Pam said...

Love this card....the gray while still in the nestie adds such depth!!
Marvelous job,Vicki!!

Cindy Major said...

SO, SO elegant! Love your use of the colours and the many details on this card!