Cards For Sale

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dynamic Duos....Birthday Wishes


Happy Sunday Peeps!!!

I took some time  out of my Sunday afternoon to make a card! Yea me!!!

I took a look at the challenge this week on the Dynamic Duos Blog and decided to try my hand with the the colors:


I love this new Stampin Up set called "Regarding Dahlias", so I pulled it out for this card.

I stamped the flower onto pear pizzazz card stock with Versmark and embossed using wome white embossing powder. I then used a couple of Copic Markers to color it. I really like how it turned out, altho I am not sure dahlias come in green.



The base of the card is Garden Green card stock and then a layer of white and then another piece of Pear Pizzaz. I embossed the "X's" across the bottom of the Pear Pizzazz with one of Needlepoint Border EF and added the Sentiment, which comes from the Four You stamp set.

I cut out the colored flower and added some dimensionals to the back before adding it to the base.
Clean and Simple!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Vicki




8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Well you rocked this challenge! It freaked me out! ha!

Janet's Joy said...

I love how you coloured the flower and the embossed detail is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, just love the white embossing and pretty coloring, that's what is nice about stamping you can make it any color you like :)

Bette S said...

I thought your card was just stunning! Loved how you colored it. Thanks for sharing.

Evelyn S. said...

Your green dahlia is beautiful!

Patti said...

opened the pic and said WOW WHAT IS THAT...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT thanks for letting us know how you did it
blessings
patti moffett

Judys said...

Colored so beautifully....who cares if green or not is reality. Actually they can cast a greenish hue before bursting into yellow. This is perfecto!!!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Oh wow! So pretty - I absolutely love what you've done with the dahlia, it's so stunning. Great use of the colours this week, and that little stitching details is precious. Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos :)