Cards For Sale

Monday, September 23, 2013

Curtain Call......Sunflower Happy


Happy Monday Peeps!!!

Popping in here with a quick post, yesterday I had a chance to play a bit and I decide to take a look at Stacey's Curtain Call Challenge and I saw the beautiful inspiration piece:


I love Sunflowers, so I immediately knew I wanted to play along. I thought about it a bit and decide to make sunflower using This Tutorial by my sweet blogging friend Linda. the sunflower is made using Crinoline. Love the look of this sunflower. 


The base of the card is Sahara Sand and then the DSP on here is from the Stampin Up Sweater Weather paper pack. the sentiment is from the Yippee Skippee  stamp set and The yellow border around the circle is made using one of the Chalk Talk framelit die, I cut two and then cut them in half and added them around the circle. The pearl flourishes are some I had in my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki



6 comments:

Marisa said...

So glad you played along with us at the Curtain Call, Vicki! Your flower is gorgeous as is your card :)

Lora said...

Viki the card if beautiful.
I am going to have to make something with that cardstock.

I am so glad you used the
Sweater Weather CS.
I had looked at the paper in the book but only a small corner of the paper is shown.
I did not think it looked anything like what you posted. It is beautiful and I will need to order some of it.

Are you sure that the yellow border around the circle is chalk talk? I really like it but I do not see that shape in the set or did the book leave this shape out of the set in the photo?
thanks

KimCreate said...

so pretty!

Maria said...

What a gorgeous card! Love that huge sunflower!

Stacey Schafer said...

how beautiful, Vicki! LOVE your layers and details:) thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Dawn Easton said...

ack! This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE that flower!!! Wowzers!