Cards For Sale

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Splitcoast Color Challenge......Here For You


Hello Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the color challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers.


Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi and Pool Party.
I love this set from Stampin Up called world of Dreams, it has four nice silhouette images and two sentiments.
I started by stamping my main image with black onto the Confetti White card stock. \
I then used two other images in the set, one with Daffodil and then the other in Pear Pizzaz and once again with pear pizzazz without  re-inking. I choose to use Pear Pizzaz as my wild Wasabi ink pad is not in very good shape.  I then die cut out my oval with the oval framelits. I then used my Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch to punch out a few flowers with Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight. I laid the flowers on my cushion mat and used my stylus around and around in the middle to curl them up a bit. I added them to the image piece with some glue.I created the scallop border around my image panel with one of the edgelit dies in the Adorning Edges set. I cut out a couple of strips and then added them to the oval by cutting some slits on the opposite side of the scallops so the strips would fit the curves of the oval.



The base of the card is Confetti White and then a layer of Daffodil Delight. The DSP is from the retired Newsprint pack. I then cut a banner from a piece of DSP from the Park Lane pack.
I added it to the base and curled up the ends just a bit. I then added some twine around the top and tied a small bow.
The main piece is then added to the base with some dimensionals.  I added some basic pearls to the flower centers. The sentiment comes from the retired SU set called Occasional Quotes and I used my stamp a ma jig to position it in the right place.
You may notice that I have no Pool Party color on my card, I totally forgot when I got caught up in making my card so when I finally realized, I wasn't sure how to fix it, then it hit me, a couple of little blue eggs in the nest may work:


So what do you think? Do you like the little blue eggs? I think they kinda work out alright.

Well, that is all from me, Thanks for stopping by today!!

Vicki



2 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Vicky this is absolutely gorgeous! I have this stamp set but haven't inked it up yet, so thanks for the inspiration!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, such great stamping!