Cards For Sale

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sweet Sunday.....Ho Ho Ho!!



Happy Sunday Peeps!!


Here is the sweet sketch Karen has for us this week:


I am always a bit intimidated by sketches with little small elements like the squares on this one.  I never really know what to do with them. I had no plan for this card at all until yesterday while at work the thought came to me to do the Santa suit with HO, HO, HO in the small squares.
I first started out with some white and real red but quickly switched to a more vintage color palette for my card. The white just looked to stark, I like the more vintage feel of this card.
I started with Crumb Cake and then a layer of Early Espresso and then another layer of Crumb Cake that I embossed with the Textured Script (non SU) embossing folder. I then sponged this with a distressing ink.

The Santa Suit is made with Cherry Cobbler card stock and I embossed that with Lucky Star EF. I matted this piece with more Early Espresso card stock. and mounted to my base piece with dimensionals.  


I then cut a piece to be the belt and added it across the lower portion. I used a punch and some Champagne Glimmer paper for the buckle.
I used the retired Billboard Sizzlits Decorative Strip to cut my Ho's! I added some circles for his buttons and layered one of the HO's with more glimmer paper.


Now let's see what the rest of the girls did with this fun little sketch:

Jenny Peterson-off this week
Jackie Pedro-off this week
Tracy Clemente-off this week

Thanks for stopping by today

Vicki

6 comments:

Georgiana said...

Fabulous holiday card!

Lisa Kind said...

Love it! What a fabulous idea for this layout!

Lynn Put said...

What a cute idea! Love the Santa suit and your glittery accents.

nlwilson46 said...

You always amaze me. Wonderful card!

Andrea said...

I love your take on this sketch!

Jo Hooper said...

I love how you did this card. It made me smile. Jo x