Cards For Sale

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Crazy 4 Challenges......thankful for friends


Happy Saturday Peeps!!!

It is time for another new challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges.

This is the 5th Saturday of the month and the final challenge for this month is:

School is about out and vacations are either planned or being planned. What would be your ideal vacation spot? Beach, mountains, backyard? Whatever your destination is, let's create a card or project using it as your inspiration.


I decide to go with a time not a place for my vacation themed card.
I love fall so that was easy and this fall we are planning a trip back east to visit some friends, some friends I am privileged to know and whom I am thankful for.
So that is the inspiration for my vacation card.
I started by creating my fall tree, using the awesome Sheltering Tree stamp set.
I stamped the tree with Early Espresso ink onto some whisper white card stock. I then used
Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Real Red for the leaves.


The ground is stamped with Daffodil delight and then I "sprinkled" some leaves around the ground with the same above colors.
I stamped the rake and swing with Early Espresso ink as well.
The sentiment is a combo of a couple of stamps in this set. I just masked off and stamped the words I wanted, which is so easy with the photopolymer clear sets.
I rounded all the corners using the envelope punch board.
The base of the card is Crumb Cake card stock and then a layer of white and some paper from the Neutrals DSP stack.
The small little yellow flags come from the Cherry on Top stack.
I tied some white twine around the bottom and added a small punched flower from the Itty Bitty pack and a pearl to the center.

Can't wait to see beautiful PA in the fall, Wendy this card is for you!!!

Be sure and head over to the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog to be inspired by the rest of the team!!!

Happy Stampin!!

Vicki

5 comments:

Georgiana said...

Great tree. Just curious...how did you make the leaves? Did you use an eraser tip?

CherylQuilts said...

What a great color combination for this card and tree, Vicki! I love it! Hugs, and have a great weekend!

Karen Aicken said...

I love that you used Fall as your inspiration for the C4C challenge. Great card!

Wendy said...

Sorry, my weekend was so hectic and i'm just getting over here to see this beautiful card! My eyes teared up as I read your post and as you know, your welcome here ANYTIME! We had a blast last summer when you visited and i'm so looking forward to you guys coming again! We will be doing LOTS of crafting this time, I promise! I'm so glad we are friends and even though we don't see each other on a daily basis we can always pick up a conversation where we left off and you know we've always had some wonderful chats over the last 5 years! You are a truely wonderful friend and I could not picture my life without you! I know I am suppose to comment on the card but I wanted you to know I value our friendship more than you know and i'm so thankful for you! The card itself is beautiful and I love the fall colors! So bold and just amazing! Love it, gf! Hope you have a wonderful day, Vicki! Love & miss you!!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I love Fall as well....you captured the warmth and colors of the season