Cards For Sale

Friday, June 19, 2015

Star Treat Box


Happy Friday Peeps!

You know how you will have something for a long long time and never use it? Especially when it comes to a crafting item or pattern? You had to have it when you first saw it and then you just file it away and forget about it. You look at it every once in awhile and think I need to make something with that. This little box is one of those things.
I have had the template for this cute little box forever, years I think and I had never made it.

I ran across it earlier this week while looking at some files on my computer, so I printed it out and decided to make a matching little treat box to my Celebrate 4th of July card.

It is so cute! 
I printed it out directly onto the Real Red card stock and cut it out. It has the cut and score lines marked so it makes it very easy.


I again used some of the papers I have from a past Paper Pumpkin kit. Love that striped paper, the kit was actually a Christmas kit but it looks great for a patriotic theme as well.
The stars are from the Be the Star stamp set. I added a few little glimmer stars that are from the garland in the kit.
I didn't close up the top of the box so it is easy opening to fill.
I threaded some ribbon through the lid and through the star on top looping it at top and knotting it on the inside of the lid.
I then add a bow around the top loop.
I did add some small brads to the side to hold the dispenser part in a permanent position, this could be glued or left loose to allow it to close up.

I do not even remember where I got this template and upon doing a quick internet search I could not find it available any longer.

This fun little dispenser type box would be cute for many holidays or celebrations,  Halloween, Valentine or any type party favors. 

I have another card to show you using this same theme, it will be up on Sunday, so be sure and stop by then.

HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki





1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love, love, love! Great job on your patriotic card & goodies! :)