Cards For Sale

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sweet Sunday...Happy Birthday


Happy Sunday Peeps!!
Time for a new sketch at the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge Blog

Here is our sketch for you this week:


This is a great sketch to use some of those big bold sentiments that are popular right now.
I pulled out my Stampin Up Hostess set called Happy Birthday Everyone for my sentiment.
The gorgeous DSP is from the Painted Petals 6 x 6 paper pad.
I pulled the colors from the paper and used Basic Black and Calypso Coral along with some Very Vanilla for my card.

The sentiment is stamped with Black Memento ink onto the Vanilla card stock and then matted with some Coral card stock.
I added the small wide banner at the bottom in Coral as well.




I then used my Butterfly thinlit and Bold Butterfly dies to cut out my Butterfly layers. I added the butterfly at the top corner of the sentiment piece to represent the circle in the sketch.
I added three basic pearls down the butterfly center.
This card came together very quickly and was probably one of the quickest cards I have ever put together, I am a fairly slow stamper, (like molasses really) and generally angst over all my details, but I just decided to go simple with this and let the DSP do all the work.

Be sure to head over to the Sweet Sunday Blog to see what the rest of the girls did with this fun sketch.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki



4 comments:

Lyn said...

This is gorgeous <3 I love that paper set

Lisa H. said...

That butterfly is goooorgeous!!! So is the card.

Dana White said...

You are so right this is sketch was perfect for the bold sentiments. Beautiful Vicki

Wendy said...

Such gorgeous colors and I LOVE that butterfly! Beautiful card, Vicki!!