Cards For Sale

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Crazy 4 Challenges......thinking of you


Happy Saturday Peeps!!
Time for another new challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges.

Our challenge for you this week is:


The 7th of August was National Lighthouse Day , so for our challenge today create a
card featuring a lighthouse. 
If you don't have a lighthouse, think where you would find a lighthouse… 
near the sea,beach etc and use
that for your
inspiration.

I don't have a lighthouse stamp so I decide to create a little beach scene, I tried a few times and finally just cut down a piece and went with it.
I used the ink on an acrylic block method here. I used Lost Lagoon and So Saffron ink onto my acrylic block and then spritzed it a couple of times and stamped it directly onto some watercolor paper. I then used a a small paint brush dipped into some water to spread around the color a bit.

I then used the Wetlands stamp set to add the small birds. 
The sentiment comes from the Sheltering Tree stamp set.




The base of the card is Crumb Cake and I stamped the bottom portion with another stamp from the Wetlands set. I used Crumb Cake ink.

The main image is matted with Lost Lagoon card stock and the DSP is from the Neutrals Pad.
I used some linen thread and wrapped around the bottom of the card and tied a small bow.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: