Cards For Sale

Friday, August 21, 2015

SIP.....Happy Wonderful Christmas






Happy Friday Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the challenge this week at 




I wasn't intending to make a Christmas card when I first looked at the Inspiration photo, but after stamping my greenery with the red flower it just sort of happened.

It is a fairly CAS card.
The base is Smoky Slate and then I used another layer of Smoky slate on top of the base.
I stamped the sentiment which comes form the Stampin Up Wondrous Wreath stamp set with black Memento ink across the bottom of the Smoky Slate layer.



The image is from the Bountiful Border stamp set and I used Wild Wasabi and Real red on whisper white card stock.
I matted with some Real Red and then glued to the Smoky Slate layer.
I tied some Real Red bakers twine around the layer and left the tails long.
I used some gold sticky back pearls (non SU) for a bit of bling.
This layer was then glued to the base.

So what do you think of my first Christmas card of the year. I have not gotten any of the new mini items yet but they will be coming soon and I have several ideas swirling around in my head for those goodies.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Vicki





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Very pretty! Love this with the red & white twine! This stamp set is on my wish list! TFS Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!! I love the colors you chose on your card!! It all comes together so well. The twine and little gold touches are great!!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Absolutely beautiful and love the addition of the little gold pearls. Thanks so much for playing along at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Sweet Christmas card Vicki. I can see how the challenge inspired you with the colours. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

Maggie Mata said...

Your Bountiful tiny roses are absolutely bright and oh so pretty. Tina is right, the golden pearls add extravagance to your very pretty card. Thank you for joining us last week at Stamp Ink Paper.