Cards For Sale

Sunday, July 24, 2016

CCMC.....With Sympathy


Happy Sunday Peeps!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary, this week it is a fun color challenge:



I pulled out my new Hostess set called Gifts of Love to use.
I stamped the image onto some water color paper and again onto some scrap vanilla.

I water colored the flower using The Dapper Denim and the leaves are done with the Mint Macaron.
I used the Tip Top Taupe for a wash in the background and to shade all around the flower.
I then used the splotchy image from the Swirly Bird set with the Taupe and Denim stamping of twice before stamping onto my water color paper.




I colored the flowers that I stamped onto the vanilla and fussy cut out and added them over the original using some dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set and is stamped using Memento Black ink.
I added some twine around the bottom and a few little white perfect accents.
I added a small stripe of Tip Top Taupe Envelope paper along the side. 

The front was then mounted onto a base of Dapper Denim card stock.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki




9 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki! This is GORGEOUS, and I love the soft and soothing colors you've used and how you've used them with this beautiful flower! Gorgeous background you've created, and I love the simple strip of DP and the twine. And I especially love that you fussy cut the flower and popped it! Stunning...a card that will be cherished! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a beautiful card Vicki! The fussy cutting really makes your flower stand out and I love the way you coloured it, leaving a little white at the edges and accenting the flower stamens. The faint splotches on your watercoloured background are really effective and the striped DSP, twine and dots just finish your card perfectly. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Jenny Engelke said...

So gorgeous Vicki! I love the layered flower and the striped paper is such a nice accent. Very elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What a fabulous job of coloring and cutting. I love the little striped strip down the side. All the elements work so beautifully together. Thank you for stamping along with the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge

Chris Slogar said...

What a lovely, soothing sympathy card! Great choice for these colors, and beautifully done! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful, soft and feminine card! I love how you've used the colours from the challenge on your card! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

libbystamps said...

Quite a lovely card you've created here. I like the detailed colors on the flowers. It's so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful card...love the blue flowers...so distinctive! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this time on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word Vicki...this is absolutely STUNNING!!! Love the simplicity of this and so beautifully colored! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!